Ikara Group Pty Ltd (ABN: 93605644031) is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, hold, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, user profiles, phone and facsimile numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.ikara.io, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Information you provide to us
Ikara collect the following information:
Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you and your company as you register for an account, create or modify your profile, use, access, or interact with the Ikara application (including but not limited to when you upload, download, or share Content). Information we collect includes
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
- Profile information such as a username, and job title
- Preferences information such as notification and marketing preferences, You may provide this information directly when you enter it in Ikara Platform.
Content: We collect and store Content that you create, input, submit, post, upload, transmit, store or display in the process of using our SaaS Products or Websites. Such Content includes any Personal Information or other sensitive information that you choose to include (“incidentally-collected Personal Information”).
Information we collect from your use of Ikara Platform
Analytics Information Derived from Content. Analytics information also consists of data we collect as a result of running queries against Content across our user base for the purposes of generating Usage Data. “Usage Data” is aggregated data about a group or category of services, features or users that does not contain Personal Information.
Analytics Information from Website and SaaS Products: We collect analytics information when you use our Website and SaaS Products to help us improve our products and services. In the SaaS Products, this analytics information consists of the feature and function of the Ikara Platform being used, the associated license identifier (SEN) and domain name, the username and IP address of the individual who is using the feature or function (which will include Personal Information if the Personal Information was incorporated into the username), the sizes and original filenames of attachments, and additional information required to detail the operation of the function and which parts of the Ikara Platform are being affected.
The analytics information we collect includes elements of Content related to the function the user is performing. As such, the analytics information we collect may include Personal Information or sensitive business information that the user has included in Content that the user chose to upload, submit, post, create, transmit, store or display in our Ikara Platform.
You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements as described below under “Your Choices.”
Information we collect from third parties
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
- from you directly when you provide your details to us
- from you indirectly through emails, forms, face-to-face meetings, interviews, registration and attendance at seminars, business cards and telephone conversations and through use of the services and facilities available through www.ikara.io, including receiving subscriptions, events, workshops, seminars, blogs and other social media
- when you purchase our solutions and services.
- when we respond to your inquiries and requests.
- during conversations or email exchanges between you and our representatives.
- when we obtain feedback from you about our solutions and services.
- when we conduct our administrative and business functions.
- when we market our solutions and services to you; and
- through your access and use of our website.
What purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to send communications
- to manage and maintain our business relationships
- to respond to inquiries and requests
- to improve the services and solutions we provide
- to inform you about our services and solutions
- to obtain feedback from you on our services and solutions
- to provide you with a more personalised experience when they interact with us
- to conduct administrative and business functions
- to provide our services and solutions
- to update our records and keep contact details up to date
- to enable you to subscribe to our website, newsletters and mailing lists and to register for Ikara events, workshops and seminars
- to assess the performance of our website and to improve its operation
- to process and respond to privacy complaints; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country
- send transactional messages, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests; providing customer service and support; and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with Ikara Platform and for marketing or advertising purposes
- enable you to access and use Ikara Platform, including uploading, and downloading content
Ikara does not require that you supply any sensitive information to us, unless it is essential for the purpose of conducting business. This type of information will not be collected without your consent.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law
Disclosure of Personal Information
Ikara may disclose your personal information to our employees and related bodies corporate for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- contractors, suppliers and other third parties with whom we have a commercial relationship for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent
Except as set out above, Ikara Group will only disclose personal information if this is required by law or a court/tribunal order or otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
Do we disclose personal information to anyone outside Australia?
Ikara may disclose your personal information to the following overseas recipients:
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing solutions and services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as third party service providers), including those located in the USA, United Kingdom, Singapore and other countries where we are engaged in business or related activities with you or your company or organisation;
- regulatory authorities
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it; and
- anyone else where authorised by law
We will take steps to contractually ensure that overseas recipients of your personal information provide a level of protection for your personal information which is equivalent to the APPs.
Security & Storage of Personal Information
Ikara store personal information to ensure that we can manage and maintain communications with organisations with whom we do business. Contact may be verbal, electronic or written.
We will only store your personal information if it is relevant to your organisation conducting business with us.
We hold personal information in either paper-based records in secure access-controlled premises or in electronic form in databases and email files.
We host data with hosting service providers in numerous countries including the United States and Australia. The servers on which Personal Information is stored are kept in a controlled environments which require logins and passwords. Ikara’s personnel and contractors are also contractually bound by confidentiality obligations. We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure using a combination of physical, administrative and technical safeguards. No security system is impenetrable and due to the inherently insecure nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any incidentally-collected Personal Information you choose to store in Websites or SaaS Products are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
Where Downloadable Products are used, responsibility of securing access to the data you store in the Downloadable Products rests with you and not Ikara. We strongly recommend that administrators of Downloadable Products configure SSL to prevent interception of data transmitted over networks and to restrict access to the databases and other storage used to hold data.
If your personal information is no longer needed, we will take reasonable steps to either delete it from our systems or de-identify it, except where Ikara Group is required by law or a court/tribunal order to retain the information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services and solutions that we consider may be of interest to you.
We may send communications in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will use reasonable endeavours to use that method whenever practical to do so.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Access & Maintaining your Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up to date and complete.
You may request access at any time to personal information that we hold about you and we will give you access in the manner that you request where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, except where we deny access as permitted by the Privacy Act.
For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, is unlawful or would result in a breach of confidentiality.
You may also request that we correct your personal information when it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
If you wish to access or correct your personal information, please send a written request to our Privacy Officer using the contact details set out below. Our Privacy Officer will respond to your request within 30 days after you make the request.
If we deny your request for access to or correction of your personal information, we will provide you with written reasons for refusing your request and the mechanisms available to you to complain about our refusal.
If you have any questions about privacy related issues or wish to complain about a potential breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer, we may ask you to lodge your complaint in writing. Any complaint will be investigated by the Privacy Officer and you will be notified of the making of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made, usually within 30 days.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 1300 4 IKARA